Saturday, April 4, 2015

More Flat River Sucker Chasing



NumenOn the Water

Date:  4-3-15
Body of Water:  Flat River
Boat:  None
With:  Alone
Target:  Spring Suckers
Time: 5 PM - 6 PM
Conditions:  51 F but dropping fast; cloudy, building NW wind; water still low and clear

After a few days touching 50 F and a bit of warm rain, I tried my spot again.  The area has been vacated for Spring Break; why not take advantage of the local quiet?  Plus, it was my first available, healthy, unscheduled Friday since I left C's in order to fish more; so when I found myself vacillating about whether to go or not, I reminded myself that I could; so I therefore should.  Finally, with the recent warmth and the rain, I had some confidence that some fish might have moved in.

I brought the GoPro action camera this time and it was "Fish On!" before I could even get the camera set up.  This elevated my confidence level more, but once again it took me a while to find the pool's sweet spot (if present) and I only collected 3 bites in about an hour and a half.  I got two red horse (one smallish, one larger) and a white sucker (the first I've seen this year.)  I may or may not have collected some footage, but even if I did, I have no idea what I might do with it.


Mobile GoPro Studio
This White Sucker took a slowly drifted earthworm.

Spring Beauty



What do I have to say about this?
I wasn't quite right about the arrival of a fresh slug of fish, but I wasn't quite wrong, either.  I'm glad I went.  I broke in the new, 2015 License, caught a few fish, enjoyed some relative solitude, and still had time to care for Ollie, enjoy a beer, and prep for today's activity; get Numenon ready for her 2015 Maiden Voyage.  Despite current politics, I'm thinking about the Hoosier State.  For $9 and gas money, I can go chase some early season muskies.  Given a decent weather window on Sunday, I think I might! 

No comments:

Post a Comment